Friday, 9 March 2012

Mice and men

US attorney Robert Francis Kennedy said, “It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped.  Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope” and it is because of the support of other HBOS victims together with the encouragement of my blog followers and not least the help of my special friend Chris I have continued, day after day and now, year after year, to summon the courage to engage in an ongoing battle with HBOS. I do this with the express hope of securing a just and dignified solution for a problem HBOS’s irresponsible policies and negligent procedures created and I do this on behalf of the insignificant individual.

After two years of fruitlessly communicating our position with both HBOS themselves followed by a further year of attempting to do the same with their solicitors Merrils Ede, all I have received so far is endless persecution and, more recently, an offer of eighteen months respite on the grounds that HBOS were not fully aware of my financial position and health issues previously.

Now, after nearly twelve months in their hands, I have heard from a very disconcerted team leader at the Financial Ombudsman’s Service, that HBOS, on hearing my complaint is heading for a formal investigation with the Ombudsman himself and despite expectations to the contrary, have refused to allow my case to progress on grounds of jurisdiction. At this late stage HBOS, in full knowledge of both our health issues and our unrecoverable financial position, wish to argue my case is invalid on the basis of timescale.
 

I have repeatedly been told by the Financial Ombudsman’s Service their position is always neutral but in the words of Bishop Desmond Tutu, “If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality. Speaking as the insignificant mouse, I can only hope that ultimately a higher court exists than that of bureaucratic justice and wait anxiously to see if it is the Financial Ombudsman’s court of conscience that will eventually rule the day. 
I can only conclude, based on the information I have received today, the Halifax Bank of Scotland have absolutely no interest in either justice or conscience and, unless I am grossly mistaken, I suspect by the tone of his voice over the telephone earlier, the team leader at the Financial Ombudsman’s Service is more than aware of this unsavoury fact too.





No comments:

Post a Comment