Friday, 18 March 2011

Passionate beliefs


I am told to believe in something passionately is the way in which to make it a reality and conceptualising in this way has been the driving force for my continued attempts to piece our lives back together. While frequently advised to throw the bankruptcy towel into the arena by those without the constitution for tumultuous seas, I have refused to allow lending sharks to pick over the bones HBOS have already stripped bare because,
  • I believe passionately financial institutions should not lend residential mortgage   money to those with £446,000 outstanding on credit cards.
  • I believe passionately banks should not advance £3,500,000 in commercial mortgages without evidence of taxable income and assets.
  • I believe passionately it is negligent for lenders to ask wive's to sign away a family home to support a husband's business without illustrating how they have assessed payment affordability.
  • I believe passionately it is irresponsible for a bank to instruct the conveyance of a family home without giving a wife independent advice.
  • I believe passionately it is unacceptable for a creditor to lay siege to a woman and her children in her home, until such time as the police arrive, with sub machine guns, wearing riot gear, to remove them.
  • I believe passionately it is unacceptable for any family to be hounded by phone and threatened by debt collection agencies who pretend they don't know the financial position of the vulnerable despite hundreds of letters to the contrary.
  • I believe passionately it is unacceptable for any man to borrow £17,000 from the parents of his children's school friends.
  • I believe passionately it is unacceptable for any man to borrow £65,000 from his and his wife's family.
  • I believe passionately it is unacceptable for any man to secure the equity in his step daughter's and grand children's home against a business debt.
  • I believe passionately it is unacceptable for any man to sign documents which will give  unpaid tradesmen the authoriy to take away gifts made to his wife from her parents.
  • I believe passionately it is unacceptable for any man to tell anyone he can afford to  pay them when he does not know how he will achieve this.
  • I believe passionately it is unacceptable for any man under any circumstances to keep all of the above from his wife with lies.
  • I believe passionately it is unacceptable for any man to go to any lengths to avoid taking responsibilities for his actions and instead choosing to blame others.
  • I believe passionately it is unacceptable for any man to lead his whole family to the edge of a financial precipice without asking them if they wish to go there.
  • I believe passionately it is unacceptable for any man to pretend he has his difficulties in hand in order to avoid losing face.
But I also believe passionately,
  •  No man should be hounded by creditors to the point of suicide.
  • No man should lose his brother (age 44) and his mother (age 67) to Motor Neurone Disease three weeks apart. 
 And above all else I believe passionately
  • No child should be forced to grow up without a father as consequence of having financial difficulties.
It is for these reasons I am still here and for these reasons I continue to fight back.... passionately.

No comments:

Post a Comment